1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I trusted the professor and my own heart, more importantly, and moved the dogs and all my stuff in with him and lilsalty. There were adjustments. There will be more adjustments. There are no regrets.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am not certain I made any new year's resolutions last year?
For the coming year I'd like to practice more gratitude, share my glitter more, and consume lots less. Especially sugar. But in everything. It's a year of nothing new for me, so it should help me to be mindful of just how much I do not really need.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, and I was even honored to help name at least one of the newest members of our planet. That was especially fun.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. Actually, I had a birth and a death on the very same day. Life, as we know, is a circle.
5. What countries did you visit?
Only America. I need to correct that in 2013.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
My life lacks for very little. But if I want anything, less anxiety about our government policies.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Also, that week in August that my OTHER family spent in Park City and I got to reunite with ALL OF THEM. They have loved me, unconditionally, as long as I've been me. I love them just as much, maybe more. That week was full of everything awesome.
You know what else? I can't forget, ever, the trip to Destin. I could have just gone to Nashville and sat on a couch for five days, honestly. It was the laughter and hugs and the re-charging of my soul and the love. However, I also got to swim in the ocean. I needed to SWIM IN THE OCEAN. It might have been November, but this girl swam in the ocean, got naked on a beach, and her soul was healed by the salt air.
Do you all see a pattern here? Perhaps what I should promise myself in 2013 is MORE quality time with the people who I know I really and truly LOVE and whom I know REALLY and TRULY love me. Forever, amen.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Falling in love and not falling out.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Capitulating on the lawsuit because of my own anxiety issues and not seeing it all the way through.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did not suffer, but the blood clot in my brain is still a nagging nuisance and so are my seizures.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I did not buy it, but my bike that was a present from the professor for our anniversary is the absolute most beautiful and loving present ever. Also the iPad and smart phone I received. Those two devices have changed my life for the better!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have the very best friends in the whole world. Every single one of you. You all love me in spite of my sometimes less than stellar behavior. You also, each of you, are always doing things that inspire me to be a much better me. YOU all deserve a parade and a celebration. With marching bands and lots of glitter.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our United States Congress.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Kombucha. Does it have to be so damn expensive?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going back to the Oregon Country Fair with the professor. I needed that trip for my whole soul.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More trips with the professor. We travel well together.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried about all the things that can't be undone.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Early morning, I dropped the Professor and lilsalty at the airport. I spent the rest of the day with my family truly CELEBRATING. I know! It was lovely. I know! I couldn't believe it either.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes. I intend to in 2013, also. I fall in love with the professor every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad. The end.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't like that word, hate. But no, I don't.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A girl's clubhouse. But...it's coming soon!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Just one? Searching for Sugarman. Amazing that I saw it in January 2012 and again in December 2012 and it still was my FAVORITE.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
48. I saw 4 films at SUNDANCE with the professor and I also shared an amazing loving dinner celebration with two sweet friends. It was a perfect day.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had embraced my roll as a mother more. I never imagined I'd ever be one. This year will be better.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Throw some glitter at it and see if it sticks.
32. What kept you sane?
Laughing. Really loudly and inappropriately. What? You don't do that?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It's always Roberty Downey, Jr. I know. I know. But it just always will be.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Abortion Rights, Global Warming, THE BUDGET, ….fuck it, everything is politics, isn't it?
35. Who did you miss?
This list is impossible. You all know who you are. Let's fix this, shall we?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Ruby. And then she was gone too fast.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Everyone really is trying their very best.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
We are not what you think we are
We are golden, we are golden.